Longridge Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made starting with perfect olives, quick and efficient harvesting, timely delivery to the processing plant and prompt processing.
Our EVOO is 100% authentic Australian product that is grown on Australian soil, using Australian water and processed and packaged …… yes, in Australia. Our delicious EVOO complies with AS 5264-2011 (Australian Standard for Olive Oils and Olive Pomace Oils) and with the Australian Industries, Code of Practice.
For an oil to be classified as Extra Virgin in needs to have a FFA (free fatty acid) level less than 0.5%, a PV (peroxide value) of less than 20 and be organoleptically (taste) free of defects.
How it helps your health
Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the most beneficial oil for your health. When eaten as part of a healthy diet, it can help prevent cardiovascular disease, cancer, aging and diabetes. It’s good for your hair, your skin, and your immune system, and what’s more
it can act as a natural anti-aging product, boosting the body’s anti-inflammatory mechanisims.
Why is it so good?
Longridge Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the natural oil from quality olives pressed quickly within hours of harvest which ensures the best
taste, the purest flavour and the finest aroma. And like fine wine, good extra virgin olive oil has the distinctive flavours and aromas of
the region in which it’s grown. If the olive oil gets from the tree to your table quickly, it’s healthiest and freshest. And fresher tastes better.
What’s in it?
Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a rich source of polyphenols and valuable antioxidants not found in other oils that help lower bad cholesterol and maintain good cholesterol. It is one of the principal sources of monounsaturated fat, the good fat, which helps reduce
the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease by lowering the levels of artery-clogging lipids in the blood.
- It has a lowering effect on blood pressure
- It’s beneficial during pregnancy and whilst breast feeding, passing on nutrients to the baby
- It helps to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes
- Olive oil-rich diets can assist with greater and long lasting weight loss than a low-fat diet
- It’s beneficial for the stomach, pancreas and intestines, keeping everything lubricated and flowing nicely
- It helps ward off osteoporosis
- It may help bolster the immune system
- It contains a protective element which may assist against certain malignant tumours in the breast, prostate, endometrium and
- digestive tract
- It can make you beautiful – the antioxidants and anti-inflammatories present in EVOO can reduce the day to day effects of aging
- A diet rich in fresh, good quality extra virgin olive oil can make your skin glow and hair shine.
Your guarantee of authenticity
Our Longridge Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil complies with Australian Standards (AS 5264-2011) and the Olive Industry’s Code of Practice. This symbol is your guarantee of authenticity and quality and distinguishes excellent oils from other products.
To maintain a high standard of quality, certification is the required step and to be certified, products must have undergone organoleptic and laboratory testing, and be Australian.